2022, Club44 Records
BroadwayWorld Cabaret Award Winner!
(Best Commercial Album)
MAC Award Nominee
(Best Major Album)
Julie joins forces with jazz pianist (and her husband) Jason Yeager for a new duo album, which features the pair’s unique and intimate arrangements of songs from Broadway musicals, the Great American Songbook, and Yeager’s original compositions.
1. All I've Ever Known (Hadestown, Anaïs Mitchell)
2. It Might As Well Be Spring (State Fair, Rodgers/Hammerstein)
3. People (Funny Girl, Styne/Merril)
4. Louisiana Fairy Tale (Gillespie/Parish/Coots)
5. Gainesville (Faust, Randy Newman)
6. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans? (DeLange/Alter)
7. Me, Myself, and I (Gordon/Roberts/Kaufman)
8. Mercedes Benz (Joplin/McClure/Neuwirth)
9. Sweet Pea (Jason Yeager)
10. If I Were A Bell (Guys and Dolls, Frank Loesser)
11. Just Begun (Jason Yeager)
12. Another Life (The Bridges of Madison County, Jason Robert Brown)
13. The Nearness of You (Carmichael/Washington)
JULIE BENKO | VOCALS, FLUTE, CLARINET
JASON YEAGER | PIANO, ORGAN, PERCUSSION
PRODUCED BY JULIE BENKO & JASON YEAGER
RECORDED, MIXED, AND MASTERED AT BIG ORANGE SHEEP, BROOKLYN
ALBUM ARTWORK BY DAN WANG
"HAND IN HAND"
"Close your eyes and the drapes and all seems right with the world."
"A beguiling record, perfect to while away these late summer evenings."
-There Ought To Be Clowns
"The perfect Fannie Brice for our time, Ms. Benko may have had a secret weapon: the collaboration with her husband, the jazz pianist and composer Jason Yeager... They make us realize what an incredible song [People] actually is. Ms. Benko sings it like she truly is a person who needs people — or 'one very special person,' at the very least."